The Pinal and Pima County School Superintendents' Offices are offering Cognitive Coaching℠ Foundations Seminar in collaboration with the AZK12 Center. This seminar is designed for principals, assistant principals, instructional coaches, teacher leaders and others who strive to support and guide a higher level of practice with their colleagues. In this seminar, participants learn ways to expand and refine knowledge and skills to promote more effective teaching and learning. The focus is on strategies that enhance teachers’ intellectual growth and strengthen instructional decision-making. During the workshop the maps and tools of Cognitive Coaching℠ are demonstrated and practiced. Specifically, participants learn to: establish rapport, create trust, and conduct planning, reflecting, and problem-resolving conversations. These maps and tools develop teacher self-efficacy and cognitive autonomy, while also developing a sense of community and professional culture within a school.
Facilitator: Mary Bouley is an experienced educator and consultant with expertise in coaching, mentoring, project management, and professional development. She is a Cognitive CoachingSM Training Associate and specializes in one-on-one coaching as well as group facilitation. Through AZK12, Mary has been providing Cognitive CoachingSM Foundation training for the past 7 years.
Training each day (8:30-4:30) will cover the following topics:
- August 17, 2017: Trust and Rapport and Four Support Functions
- August 18, 2017: Planning Conversation Map, Cognitive Coaching℠ Capabilities, Response Behaviors and the Planning Conversation
- September 28, 2017: Review & Integration, Meditational Questions and the Reflecting Conversation
- September 29, 2017: Five Categories of Feedback, Navigating Support Functions, The Role of Data in Mediating Thinking and Reflecting Conversations with a Meta Coach
- October 19, 2017: Review and Reflection, Filters of Perception: Representational Systems, Cognitive Style, Educational Belief Systems
- October 20, 2017: Cognitive Shift and The Problem-Resolving Conversation
- December 7, 2017: The Pace, Going for the Goal, Listening for States of Mind
- December 8, 2017: States of Mind, The Lead, Pacing and Leading
The cost is $600 per person for the entire series. Registration fee includes materials and continental breakfast. 56 hours of professional development credit. No refunds on registration after August 10, 2017.